Software Product Manager
Strategic Marketing Services is an award-winning marketing company providing data-driven, multi-channel marketing for the automotive industry. Our passion is to create overwhelming client success with our Data Inspired Marketing Solutions. We promise that “Our Data will Make the Difference!” Strategic Marketing is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky.
We are looking for an experienced Software Product Manager to manage the development of our company’s software products and IT projects. This person will work closely with the engineering and product teams to gather requirements, plan projects, and oversee development from conception to launch.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Create detailed project plans and schedules, including milestones, deliverables, dependencies, and resource needs
- Continuously monitor and report on progress, risks, and issues and take corrective actions to ensure on-time delivery
- Facilitate team coordination, promote open communication, and foster collaboration between teams
- Organize and lead design and requirement review sessions, retrospectives, and daily standups
- Motivate team members to deliver high-quality products and meet aggressive timelines
- Manage third party vendors and outside development resources
- Ensure projects adhere to budget, schedule, scope, and quality standards
- Document project specifications, plans, status reports, and other documentation
- Analyze data to monitor and report project health and provide insights to improve team performance
- Champion Agile processes and advocate for continuous improvement of workflows
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in product management and project management of software projects
- Strong technical background and expertise in software development lifecycles
- Exceptional leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and communication skills
- Proficiency with project management and Agile methodologies and tools
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work efficiently under pressure
- Strategic thinking with attention to detail and organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
Desired Experience and Skills
- Azure DevOps.
- Project Management certification a plus
Confidentiality and Security
- Security Awareness of company/client sensitive and confidential data as defined by employee security policy.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: Based upon knowledge and experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off: 3 weeks to start.
Reports to IT Development Manager
The physical demands described are representative of what must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and finger to manipulate office equipment.