Strategic Marketing Services is an award-winning marketing company providing data-driven, multi-channel marketing for the automotive industry. Our passion is to create overwhelming client success with our Data Inspired Marketing Solutions. We promise that “Our Data will Make the Difference!” Strategic Marketing is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky.
Does the following describe you?
- You have an intense hunger to learn and apply new concepts.
- You have a servant leader mentality and a “We before Me” attitude.
- You have an insatiable desire for results, efficiency, and high-performance.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset – always striving for more efficient and effective processes, technology, and teamwork.
- You have an innate ability to dissect problems and craft data-driven solutions.
- You have the proven ability to lead high-performance teams.
- You can effectively liaise between customers, stakeholders, peers, subordinates, and executive leaders.
- You are driven to make a difference!
- You have the proven ability and experience to manage the complexities of Big Data.
If you answered “YES!” to all of these questions and satisfy the following job requirements, Strategic Marketing is very interested in speaking with you about our opening for a Vice President – Data and Technology.
We are looking for a Vice President – Data & Technology to cultivate and strengthen our Scalability, Quality & Performance culture. This person will lead our data-centric product R&D efforts and will ensure that we have the People, Processes and Technology in place to optimally manage, leverage and secure our robust Logix data platform.
- Foster a Scalability, Quality and Performance culture.
- Protect our data and database applications by overseeing the development of comprehensive data security plans, procedures, and active controls.
- Ensure compliance with SOC 2 protocols.
- Lead R&D efforts to create new data management and mining products and applications. Build strategic partnerships with vendors and customers to leverage these products.
- Take ownership and provide leadership to the IT Infrastructure, Architecture and Operations teams.
- Drive efficiency, productivity, and high performance within the IT team.
- Ensure a continuous improvement mentality exists within the team, leading by example, and providing structure and discipline.
- Create and execute an IT Data-centric Strategic plan that aligns with the overall Company strategy.
- Ensure that all database applications are supported by scalable architecture which can meet growing demand.
- Create, measure, and deliver against departmental KPIs that communicate a sense of urgency and demonstrate successful IT capabilities.
- Ensure best practices are in place for setting and enforcing DB development standards.
- Stay current with developments in database management and applications and apply emerging technologies as warranted.
- Ensure that systems, processes, and practices are in place to maintain Strategic Marketing’s status as the #1 Company in the industry for “Ease of doing business with.”
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Computer Engineering.
- MS or MBA a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Data-related IT.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience leading a technical team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL and Windows environments platforms a must.
- Big Data experience a must.
- A commitment to high professional and ethical standards.
- Executive acumen with excellent management and leadership skills.
- A proven ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic business and work environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts clearly and simply for non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to drive engagement and build consensus.
- Salary range based upon fit and level of experience.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance.
- 401K Retirement program
- PTO program – 3 weeks per year to start.
- “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” culture.
Confidentiality and Security:
Security Awareness of all company and client sensitive and confidential data as defined by employee’s security role as defined by the employee security policy.