We are looking for a Senior SQL Developer to join our IT Development team to enhance the scalability, performance, and security of our organization’s data and infrastructure. This position will be responsible for developing new SQL-based solutions, maintaining existing solutions and creating issue tracking/resolution tools. We are looking for someone who thrives in a highly collaborative environment. The individual we seek is a natural problem solver.
Senior SQL Developer Responsibilities:
- Lead the maintenance and daily operation of our existing data integration/ETL systems.
- Work with a team of SQL and software developers to design and deliver complex database solutions for new and existing applications including but not limited to stored procedures, SSIS packages and SSRS reports.
- Assist in developing SQL-related DevOps processes, SQL coding standards and data security/disaster recovery plans.
- Analyze existing SQL-based solutions for performance improvements and modify as needed.
- Lead effort to establish and evaluate system performance metrics.
- Prepare and present system performance reports to senior managers along with root cause problem identification and recommended solutions.
- Perform database maintenance, migration, and upgrading of hardware and software.
- Review SQL-based solutions created by web developers.
- Mentor junior developers and consult with web developers regarding best practices and database design.
- Occasionally assist in user set-up, security management and other SQL/data related administrative related tasks.
- Create and maintain documentation on existing applications and processes.
- Utilize help desk software to track and resolve bugs/issues.
- Maintain professional knowledge and research new technologies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of all aspects of MSSQL, including architecture and security in a .NET environment.
- T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers, SSIS, SQL Agent, SSRS.
- Strong background in SQL performance tuning techniques.
- Ability to thrive working in a collaborative environment as well as independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- SQL Broker
- Power BI
- Azure DevOps
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance.
- Paid time off- 3 weeks per year to start.
- Retirement plan.
- On-site gym.
- Hybrid in-office/work from home option.
- Flexible work schedules.
- “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” culture.