Strategic Marketing Services is an award-winning marketing company providing data-driven, multi-channel marketing for the automotive industry. Our passion is to create overwhelming client success with our Data Inspired Marketing Solutions. We promise that “Our Data will Make the Difference!” Strategic Marketing is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky.
Does the following describe you?
- You have a passion for continuous improvement.
- You are driven to make your customers successful.
- You are hungry for knowledge and just have to understand “Why?”
- You are a collaborative team player with a “We before Me” attitude.
- You possess strong analytical and project management skills.
- You are driven to Make a Difference.
If you answered “YES!” to all of these questions and satisfy the following job requirements, Strategic Marketing is very interested in speaking with you about our opening for a Database Manager.
We are looking for an outstanding Database Manager to enhance the scalability, performance, and security of our organization’s database and infrastructure. You will be creating and implementing standardized database management procedures, and overseeing the installation, security, and upgrading of our database and supporting infrastructure.
- Enhancing the scalability and performance of our existing database-centric architecture, applications, and infrastructure.
- Proactively conducting diagnostic tests and evaluating performance metrics.
- Preparing and presenting system performance reports to senior managers along with root cause problem identification and recommended solutions.
- Developing processes and procedures to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Protecting data by developing data security and disaster recovery plans, procedures, and active controls to ensure compliance with SOC 2 protocols.
- Prepare for database and infrastructure expansion by identifying requirements, presenting proposals to senior management and IT team, and coordinating all design and programming.
- Performing database maintenance, migration, and upgrading of hardware and software.
- Documenting processes and complying with best practices in database management including setting and enforcing development standards.
- Developing database structures and features according to organizational needs.
- Staying current with developments and trends in database and server management.
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems (MIS), computer science, information systems, or information technology or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in database management.
- Big Data experience a major plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL) including optimization techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of database technologies, architecture, data security and server management.
- Knowledge of best practices in database management.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management and leadership aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Salary based upon fit and level of experience.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance.
- Paid time off- 3 weeks per year to start.
- 401K Retirement program.
- “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” culture.
Confidentiality and Security:
Security Awareness of all company and client sensitive and confidential data as defined by employee’s security role as defined by the employee security policy.