The basic function is to provide sales and administrative support to the Area Vice President/Territory Sales Representative by maintaining and increasing sales volume through the management of client accounts and new potential opportunities. A Business Development Representative is expected to assist further with clients through cold calling and other methods of prospecting. Provide additional administrative customer support where needed to assist each client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Area Vice President/Territory Sales Representative increase their sales volume through cold calling and other prospecting methods
- Understand and talk through the selling points of SalesBuilder, ServiceBuilder, & Empower
- Develop an understanding of Strategic Track, Empower and the administrative functions associated with both platforms
- Develop Marketing calendar consisting of regular communications with current and past clients and new prospects using different communication channels such as Direct Mail, E-mail, and Phone
- Develop new client opportunities through cold calling and other prospecting methods
- Provide administrative support which includes contract entry, change requests, data selection, ROI reporting and basic administrative functions
- Communicate as a liaison with production, data and graphics departments to manage each promotion through completion
- Assist and Prepare presentations, quotes and POP materials with Graphics department
- Stay abreast of Strategic Marketing changes regarding product introductions, product updates, service offerings and new technologies
- Work within Strategic Marketing customer portal, CoSMIc, which includes managing their Pipeline, Universe of Opportunities and Market Area.
Other duties may be assigned!
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualified candidates must have:
- Cold calling and prospecting abilities
- Strong presentation skills
- High communication levels and customer service orientation
- Strong planning, computer, and administration skills
- Ability to formulate and interpret data analytics
- Strong organizational skills
- 4 Year College Degree is preferred and / or equivalent experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports, game plans and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
$38,000 – $45,000 depending on experience, plus additional bonuses
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.